Because it is such a relatively new endevor by the UN, the discussion topics are still very broad, and include:
- How can legal empowerment of the poor support the achievement of MDGs?
- How can property and land rights and tenure security as well as labour rights and rights to entrepreneurship play a critical role in securing the livelihoods of the poor?
- What factors and strategies will determine the success of legal empowerment initiatives and reforms on the ground?
- What are some of the approaches taken in implementing legal empowerment initiatives around the world and what are the lessons learnt?
- How can a stronger partnership among the national government, NGOs, CSOs and CBOs and the private sector be developed to foster legal empowerment of the poor?
- How best the international community can mobilize and channel resources to support national and sub- national level efforts for legal empowerment of the poor?
- What specific role the UN can play in promoting legal empowerment of the poor?
I will be interested to see if any concrete outcomes result from the discussion.
Post a Comment